Friday, March 16, 2007

FLASHBACK

GOING TO COLLEGE….

A new place, new faces,
New trends to be set,
And new friends to make,
A life of freedom, joy and fun,
Yes I am an enthusiastic young mind on the run

As I was bidding adieu with a heavy heart and eyes wet to one of the most cherished chapters of my life, there were feelings of excitement and enthusiasm to step into another most awaited phase of life- the college life. My heart had mixed feelings of nostalgia and curiosity.
Many of us are extremely excited to leave for that long awaited destination which will give us a life synonymous to a newly attained freedom, new friends, hangouts, new dreams and an unexpected independence.
Leaving school has left memories of pranks played, first crushes, stupid fights, late night calls and pajama parties and all this filled my heart with indefinable joy. at the same time there was a zest and a curiosity to explore the other side of the world, far from childhood dreams and fantasies.
Sab kehte hain, college provides a self dependent platform for professional as well as personal learning. College is the place where innovation, individuality and change are embraced and encouraged. It gives you an environment where you have freedom of thought and expression in true sense, where you can be nothing but yourself.
With all these wonderful ideas experienced ppl gave me I headed to college….
Everybody wants to look their best on the first day of college was thrilled and had to look stunning, whatever it maybe the fact remains, looks do matter baby!!!!
The rage within me to be with the latest trend was on. During holidays I made visits to all the possible malls in Bombay. went from andheri to colaba,powai to thane,juhu to chembur….For all the “branded stuff” and to linking road and fashion street for the “raasta shopping” (which I’m not very fond of but the only thing that let me survive in college) for ethnic kurtis and wacky pieces of junk jewellery.
I followed one rule, don’t overdo stuff and don’t go off-track still remember I wore a black kurti with light jewellery.make has been a NONO for me always.
To sum it up, with an appropriate dress, a funky bag, comfy footwear, COOL attitude, I was all set to ROCK….
Well, I was set to enter my new world, but was the college ready…
Unfortunately NOT….a bunch of stuck up people with major head wit is what it was consistent of….
It took me time to realize, that college is a transforming phase and no what I have realized, I stand proud to have learnt from my own mistakes, for having taken risks in life, inventing something new about the world and the people every DAMN day, and most importantly, learnt to deal with different kind of people or “namune” as I term them.
Having made my presence felt to everybody(I mean everybody) in college be it cuz of my arrogance, attitude, organizing fests as the cultural secretary, as the captain of basketball an throw ball teams of college, I feel like I am a different person from who I was four years ago, infact a better person, a better individual…
I am all set to explore and expand my wings across the horizons of the sky….
All the best to me…..

2 comments:

Suresh S Murthy said...

Hey good adi, I know u score high on coolnes index! But its tough to get along with the age old mindset of profis in college!!! wat do u say?

Aditi Chauhan said...

i guess yes its tuff to change their mindset....n lookin at the +ve side,its changed me as an individual