Monday, October 22, 2007

Now u know why WE are proud of being MINDTREE MINDS,ehhhhhhhh???????

All of us go through some phases in life. In any developing country where ones parents toil day and night to give a child whatever he or she needs, one of the biggest moments of change happens when the child steps up to take his or her share of responsibilities. In India, unlike many countries of the world, the bond between parent and child is far more than a financial one after a certain period of time, we grow to become the pillars of support to those people who had been our pillars when we were young, not just financially, but also mentally.

My parents always told me that they would be the happiest when I would stand on my own feet, ready to take on the world in its full swing. I never understood the implications of these words and to a certain extent believed that it was bunch of hogwash, in a very adolescent tendency of undermining what I didn’t understand, of course. Today after spending a day at work, I now know what it means for a parent to see his or her child do well in their lives. I have taken that step today and am happy that I’m that much closer to a prosperous life ahead.

My first day at work, was, well…, like any young graduates first day ( or so I assume ), butterflies in my stomach, a couple of sleepless nights, wandering day (and night) dreams, nightmares (and daymares ! ) and everything else that one can entail about ones journey into the unknown.

If the reader is wondering about what out of this world job I had laid my hands upon, you shall be very disappointed. I’m just a software engineer ! A job one would associate with geeks and techies, people with soda glass spectacles and no lives whatsoever. However for me, this job means a lot more than one can perceive of it by reading its title. It means so many more oppourtunities, it means that I can actually work towards my dreams, I have none other than Mindtree to thank for that oppourtunity. I’m glad (more than glad actually) that they found me worthy of being where I am today.

I shall never forget my induction session, rather, I cant forget it. It was the day when my transition happened, and Mindtree was kind enough to have my mother come down and see my future work place. I can never do justice to that feeling that I had at the end of the day with words, but what I can do, is recreate a few moments that changed my perception about a lot of things.

I had always believed (for whatever reasons), that software firms were these places where the bosses would be too far away to reach and people sitting besides each other would hardly talk. Mindtree has been quite a revelation to this theory, the fact being that since its my first job, has changed the theory altogether. The first day was amazing, walking into the auditorium with all those people inside, unknown and a few known faces, all teeming with excitement was an experience in itself.

Mr. Bagchi’s talk to us, left us all mezmerised. A person of his stature, turned out to be a very intellectual and caring human being. The entire team who welcomed us, showed us the difference between our and other organizations, wherein Mindtree is more of a family than a professional organizations. The July batch put up some excellent cultural programs, the highlight of the day being the visit that our parents were taken for to the Global Village office. I would suppose that there are hardly any organizations in the country or even abroad who would take such an initiative, I stress again, to make our whole family feel proud and accepted into the organization.

As there are phases in ones life, there are also people who we meet who change our perspectives in life. These people may not necessarily be individuals who inspire us in ways that are usually seen, they are many times individuals who show us other skills in ways that would never be imaginable to us. Mindtree for the record, is one of the best employers in the country today, if not the best, and its not coming from any statistician its coming straight from the heart now.

Mindtree is full of such people, with various skills and mindsets who are if nothing then inspiring in their own right.I wouldn't mention one name cuz all of them have this something about them that leaves their fragrance wherever they go. We also received mentors within the organization who were to take care of us in our early days within the organization, and surprisingly, this lot was known as “Pals”, and not anything else.

I as an individual atleast, am overwhelmed by my first day at my organization. My day is a prime example of the fact that it is actually possible to win peoples hearts over, even if it is in a professional organization, by making a small effort here and there. I can only thank my parents for having supported me enough to get this fine oppourtunity to be where I am today, and everyone who has ever believed in me. I’m a Mindtree “Mind” now, and as clichéd as it may sound, “Look out people, here I come".

5 comments:

Beautiful Mind said...

All the best Aditi..for the venture..I had the same feeling five years back and still in the same organization. Try to print your name in all areas, self-grooming is very important, participate in all the extra curricular activities best way to get familiarised with peoeple

Beautiful Mind said...

Bringing parents was so touching..I have not done that yet.thats the best part.

Sriniketh S said...

Thats a promising start to your career. Glad to know you enjoyed it. I am sure a lot of misconceptions that you had were cleared up. Its time to now achieve things beyond what is expected of you. The first 1 year can decide how you are going to progress in the corporate world. All the best....

Aditi Chauhan said...

hey @beautiful mind and @sriniket,
Thanx a ton ppl
i really hope m able to do justice....
LOL

shivangi shukla's poetry said...

beautifull expressions nd awsome experience , seems like.. :) i am also a mindtree mind.. nd gonna join it next year possibly.. it makes me feel like wow m gonna serve in such a wonderfull place.. :)