Saturday, October 4, 2008

Engineer-> PR professional wannabe -> analysing FILMS?????U must be kidding me!!!!!!

Done with first 2 exams of my MBA career......
Obviously after last late nite, I crashed as soon as I came to my room.... N ever since I’ve gotten up, this feeling about this something is bothering me....
Well, with the end of this semester I will have no AS classes :-(
They were primarily the reason why I attended college and had 100% attendance :-)
Neither will I have screenings!!!!!!

Well for all ma friends who do not know who AS is!!A lil backgrounder, He happens to be our GOD and RELIGION here :-)
Atleast most of ours....

He shouts at us, he is mean to us, he never lets us wear what we want to (I’m 22 yrs old and I know wat to wear!!), he calls us leeches and parasites sucking our parents blood, he does mass addressing on few people’s fault, he never let me take my assignment while I was unwell and back home L, he is too harsh on us!! BUT, that’s besides the point, he is this person, who never does anything without a reason!!He knows his stuff in and out..

Folks, one can only imagine how much of movies and their intricacies would a Software Engineer know!! N after I came here, believe me, I know all that he’s taught so well that I’m not kidding I feel like shifting to Audio Visual Production!!

He shouts at us cause we behave like animals more often than not.
He doesn’t let us wear what we want because he realised these 20+ yr “MBA graduates” do NOT have the sense of decent dressing and well I would refrain from getting into the details..
We are indeed leeches and parasites because very few here have realised the value of our parents and the amount of time , money and energy they’ve spent on us, irrespective of their status and affordability capability!!
He addresses all of us on one person’s mistake because most of our notorious acts are when we are in big number. Rightly said, most of us have developed Mob Mentality!!
N he did not let me do my assignments because there is a system that he and I and everyone here is a part of and the least we can do is RESPECT it by following it..
He is too harsh on us because he sees those Spoilt kids in most of our eyes!! But, offlate he has become so relaxed with us.

My first semester has been a bag of mixed feelings, ......FROM dislike towards certain issues in hostel, food, transport, availability, disappointment by many a faculty, from times I wondered what am I doing here after Engineering and successful and viable career options infront of me.....
TO those very thoughts of attending a AV lecture and trying to analyse different aspects of film making, to watching the old classics, to cribbing about the assignments overload to .......!!

Things are so weird now, each time I watch a movie, by default I end up seeing the lights, camera movement, scenes, sound and video coordination, etc. N now I know Filmmaking is not all about glamour and every tom, dick and harry's cup of tea but its so much hardwork and intelligent vision inclusive!!


I’m definitely going to miss not having the AV lectures, not getting to listen to those world class ripping sessions in the class!!I’m really gonna miss watching movies with 120 others in college!! And more importantly miss AS!!
:-)
:-(

4 comments:

Blogged in said...

nice one!! very frank!! we will miss you guys!!
and yeah, cant watch movies without looking at cameras and lighting, though we still don't count shots!! hehehe!!

Aditi Chauhan said...

@ blogged in:

DUH!!!!!!
Alrite, alrite, stop flaunting abt u being in MMC and having his classes!!
:-)

Vaiba said...

awww...don worry he ll appear suddenly when u least expect him. whereas, for us, we have him next sem too :p

Aditi Chauhan said...

@Vaiba:
Lucky na:-)
He is this rockstar ya!!
His sarcasms are killer!!
:-)

BTW, v have meeting with UKC on sun